At Polymer Compounders Limited we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors, when visiting our site https://polymer-compounders.com/en/ and or https://polymer-compounders.com/fr/ or those that communicate electronically with us. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our Site is owned and operated by Polymer Compounders Limited whose registered office is 10 Yarm Road, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland, TS18 3NA and trading address is Polymer Compounders Limited, Meadowfield Durham, DH7 8RL. Polymer Compounders Limited is a limited company registered in England under company number 02801277.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- >The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data.
- >The right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
- >The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the email address or the contact number provided in this policy).
- >The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you, on our website or marketing email service.
- >The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- >The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- >The right to object to us using your personal data for particular marketing purposes; and rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- >If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact James – j[email protected] or alternatively call our offices directly on 0191 378 3737 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- >For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Information We Collect
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below:
Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website.
- >Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information or creates a user account.
- >Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.
- >User browsing habits on site utilising ‘Hotjar’ heatmap technology. (https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/)
- >The following pages are not being tracked via Hotjar for privacy reasons: https://polymer-compounders.com/en/downloads/ and https://polymer-compounders.com/en/contact-us/
Google Ad’s and Microsoft Ad’s Amendment
- Visitors to our site may be subject to analytics and Google, Microsoft based marketing and Advert re-targeting. If this is something, you disagree with please be sure to clear your temporary internet cache and stored cookie data once you have visited our site. (Polymer Compounders Limited (PCL) does not hold responsibility or liability for any loss of data when conducting deletion of temporary files) . The cookies and temporary data that were created should be removed after clearing and should no longer re-target you across the web.
Methods to prevent Advert re-targeting:
- >Clear Browsing Data. Each browser saves your browsing history.
- >Use Incognito Mode / Private Mode. Many browsers offer you a private mode or incognito mode for online browsing.
- >Disable Cookies, altogether (This is the key information used to enable advert re-targeting)
- >Use Browser Extensions.
- >Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Polymer Compounders Limited does not hold responsibility or liability for any damage caused by using the methods outlined above. We strongly recommend you do your research when it comes to ‘ad-blocking’ and preventing ‘online tracking cookies’. Failing that, please seek your own professional IT support.
If you are unhappy to proceed or consent to anything outlined in the Google Ad’s and Microsoft Ad’s Amendment, we politely ask you to refrain from using our website.
Alternatively to our website, we are contactable via our office phone number on (0191 378 3737) between 9 am – 5 pm weekdays (Monday – Friday), if you still would like to speak to us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to give the owners of the website information about the visitors. Information such as what time of day they are coming to the website and how long they spend there.
Cookies improve websites. For example, we may see that many visitors aren’t accessing a particular area on the website, so we could improve the website by making that information more prominent and easier to find.
We don‘t use many cookies, but the ones we would like to place on your computer are on this table, along with an explanation of what we would use them for:
_utmzAlso known: – fonts.gstatic.com– www.google-analytics.com–ajax.googleapis.com
|These cookies collect information about the way visitors access the information on our website. Used for improvements and to produce statistics . The cookies collect information anonymously.||More information on privacy and security from Google (https://privacy.google.com/intl/en-GB/index.html#).|
|Polymer Compounders Limited||BIGipServerTethys
|These cookies are functional website cookies that must be present for the site to function correctly.||More information on (www.allaboutcookies.org).|
|userway.org||This cookie is responsible for monitoring our user way software. To make sure that it functions correctly.||More information head to: (https://userway.org/cookies)|
|cdn.userway.org||This cookie is also responsible for helping maintain our websites accessibility features through the user way interface. Certain functionality of the application will need to store information on your system temporarily.||If you would like more information about how Userwy safe guards this information please contact them over at https://userway.org/cookies to find out more.
More information on (www.allaboutcookies.org).
|bat.bing.com||Collects information about the way visitors access the information on our website. Microsoft Bing search engine. This intern generates statistics based on page views.||For more information, please visit: (https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/microsoft-advertising-privacy-policy) to learn more.|
|www.googleadservices.com||This cookie enables us to run Google ads for you (our audience). Enables re-marketing campaigns as outlined above. This means you will see adverts from us across the Google display network.|| For more information, please visit: (https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US).
You can opt out of ‘personalised Ads’ by visiting (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en#display_optout) or (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 )
You can also head into your google account settings and choose from the various options provided to tailor what ‘adverts’ you are happy to see: (https://myaccount.google.com/)
If you are still unsure of your options with the technicality’s involved, please, contact an IT professional.
If you would like to learn more about cookies, how they are used, which ones are on your computer and how to remove them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also choose to ‘opt out’ of Google Analytics tracking your website activity. To do this, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect to serve the following purpose:
- >To provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
- >To provide you with information on other products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- >To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- >To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements and service or product changes that may affect our website.
- >If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that you have expressed an interest in previously. We will do this via email marketing using our third-party email client ‘Mailchimp’ or using our internal email if you contacted us directly.
- >We may use your data or allow carefully selected third parties to use your data so that somebody can provide you with information about unrelated goods and services that we consider likely to be of interest to you. They or we may contact you about these goods and services by any method you consented to upon signing up.
- >If you are a new customer, we will be the only ones that contact you. We do not allow third parties to get you on our behalf. We will only communicate when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided. If you are in touch with a third party imitating us, we strongly advise that you ignore that communication and notify us of any such issue as soon as possible.
- >We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and telephone or post with information, news and offers on our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties use then you will always have the option to object to such use. You can request this change by contacting James via the following link: [email protected].
Storing Your Personal Data
Information collected occasionally, transferred and stored outside the European Union to supply our goods or services to you.
You agree to this transfer, storing or processing by submitting your data.
Data that is provided to us on https://polymer-compounders.com/en/ is stored securely and is encrypted via our hosting provider’s servers and also our email client’s servers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
https://polymer-compounders.com/en/ and https://polymer-compounders.com/fr/ are now secured via an SSL certificate, so all connections to our site are over HTTPS:// it is still strongly advised that all data submitted is done so on a ‘secured’ and ‘trusted’ wireless network. For more information on what the difference is between an HTTP:// and an HTTPS:// connection is then please check out the following information: https://seopressor.com/blog/http-vs-https/. If you are unsure of anything during the user registration process, please contact – James [email protected] and he will assist in the creation of a ‘user account’ or alternatively he will send you the requested information directly.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- >Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- >Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- >To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Third Party Links
Please note that we retain no control over how other websites collect, store, or use your data. Therefore, we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Access to Information
You retain the right to request a copy of your data held by us. Under GDPR, no fee is payable, and we will provide any retained information in response to your request free of charge. You can request this data by contacting us through the policy’s methods.
We use Office 365 for all correspondence through our contact form. If you wish to see any data you have sent us, then please contact James – [email protected] directly and he will forward this information to you. If you wish for any data to be removed, then please contact James – [email protected] and he will remove this.
Requesting Removal of Your Data
If at any time you wish to have your personal data removed, and wish to opt out of receiving further information from us, then please email: James – [email protected] and he will remove your data immediately. Alternatively, if you do not get the adequate response you require, you can call our offices directly on: +44 0191 378 3737.